We are fostering a global quality of practice that is relevant and sensitive to context and culture.
The Practice Development Programme maintains and enriches existing areas of excellence in occupational therapy practice and is pro-active in promoting evidence-informed, collaborative emerging areas of practice. The Programme area ensures continued relevance of minimum competencies for occupational therapy practice and promotes competent and ethical occupational therapy.
In addition to addressing priorities in the World Health Organization collaboration plan with WFOT, the Programme leads projects on evidence-informed, collaborative, interdisciplinary practice to move the profession forward.
The sections below outline the work that is currently underway in the Practice Development Programme.
- Occupational therapy definition review
- WFOT COVID/Post COVID-19 survey
- Position Statement Policy revision
- Resettling climate migrants learning module development
- WFOT mental health strategy
- Occupational therapy primary care position statement and development paper
- Digital assistive technology survey
- Occupational Therapy International Online Network
- Innovation Change Agency Narratives
- Global wheelchair survey and needs analysis
- Quality Evaluation Strategy Tool (QUEST)
- Review of position statements
- Stakeholder calls to action