Entry-level occupational therapy education programmes can apply for WFOT approval through their national association/WFOT Member Organisation or directly to WFOT.
- If there is a national association in the country/territory which is also a Member Organisation of WFOT, the education programme should contact this organisation to apply for WFOT approval. You can see the list of WFOT Member Organisations here.
- If there is a national association in the country which is not a Member Organisation of WFOT or if there is no national association established in the country, the education programme should contact WFOT directly to apply for WFOT approval.
The WFOT approval process involves the review of documents submitted by an education programme.
- If there is another programme already WFOT approved in the country/territory, the review is conducted by the Member Organisation.
- If it is the first programme applying for WFOT approval in that country/territory, the review is conducted by WFOT. The WFOT Council must vote to approve such programmes following a review of recommendations from reviewers.
- WFOT Minimum Standards for the Education of Occupational Therapists
- WFOT Occupational Therapy Education Programme Approval Guidelines for Submission for the First Approval of an Education Programme
If you are planning on or in the process of developing an occupational therapy entry-level programme, please visit this page for more information.