The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy (JSOT) 2020
The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy (JSOT) participated in The Launch of the 10-Year Strategy for Inclusive Education Under the Patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Mired Raad Zeid Al- Hussein and His Excellency Dr. Tayseer Alnuaimi the Minister of education on Wednesday, 15th of January 2020 organized by GIZ, in cooperation with MOE.
Since the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, The Jordanian Society for Occupational Therapy (JSOT) continued its communication with students and occupational therapists inside and outside Jordan and a series of advices was published, many lectures and seminars were held via social media, and some of these activities are:
In celebration of Occupational Therapy Month, the JSOT held a series of free lectures for students and therapists during the month of April, and the lecture are:
- Using of assistive technology in April 9, 2020 (for students)
- Using of assistive technology in April 12, 2020 (for therapists)
- Introduction to sensory Integration, in April 18, 2020.
In support of graduates of the Occupational Therapy 2020 batch in the three public universities (University of Jordan, The Hashemite University and Jordan University of Science and Technology) and as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic, and after cancelling the graduation ceremony for all universities, and accordingly the JSOT gave all the students certificates with their names and made a video for each university with pictures of students during their university studies through social media, Which brought pleasure to the hearts of all graduates.
- The JSOT conducted a seminar for graduates on the zoom platform entitled (Career Counseling for Graduates) aimed at guiding recent occupational therapy graduates on how to choose the best fit for them to work and train after graduation by hosting experts in the practical field on 6/24/2020.
- The JSOT held a lecture entitled “ Tips for resume and cover letter writing” on the Zoom platform by hosting Communication Consultant Lana Al Tabaa and occupational therapist Waad Abu Zariq in support of graduates on 7/25/2020.
The JSOT participated in the 6th Webinar conference "Building Back Better" which was held on Monday, 6/13/2020, organized by the GIZ, the Higher Council for the Affairs of Persons with Disabilities and the Ministry of Education.