Come and work in stunning Tasmania, Australia…
Launceston General Hospital in northern Tasmania is seeking experienced Senior Occupational Therapists interested in part-time or full-time work The Occupational Therapy department at Launceston General Hospital has over 30 OTs who work across emergency, medical & surgical wards, stroke unit, paediatrics, inpatient & outpatient rehabilitation, transition care & community. The department has a comprehensive induction program, ongoing professional support and supervision, weekly in-services, a funding allowance for continuing professional development, a variety of research interests and great working relationships with other Allied Health professions.
As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you will:
• promote, develop and provide Occupational Therapy (OT) services in accordance with professional standards, best practice and evidence, to a predominately specialist or complex caseload, in order to improve occupational outcomes for patients.
• provide clinical direction and professional supervision and support to level 1/2 Occupational Therapists and undergraduate occupational therapy students.
• assist with the development of occupational therapy clinical services through planning, evidence-based practice, quality improvement and research activities.
Does this sound like you? Then take the next step in your career and join the Tasmanian Health Service!
Want more? Tasmania offers an envious lifestyle with some of the most amazing natural attractions, a wide range of opportunities, quality education systems, short commutes, and exceptional local beer, wine and food.
Launceston is Tasmania’s second largest city, rich in history, discovery and natural beauty, with a thriving regional community and all the conveniences of a big city. Launceston is a 1 hour flight from Melbourne and has direct flights to Sydney and Brisbane.
Launceston’s central location means most areas of Tasmania can be reached within 2 ½ hours by car for easy access to heritage attractions, stunning wilderness and fantastic recreational pursuits.
We can offer:
• Relocation and accommodation assistance
• Access to salary packaging
• A flexible work/life balance
Visit our website www.jobs.tas.gov.au to apply. Vacancy number 503803
Enjoy our wonderful community, lower cost of living, and outstanding work-life balance. Contact us today to discuss current opportunities and the application & visa process.