Who We Are: At Better Rehab, we are people people. Our team of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Speech Pathologists and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners are committed to supporting people of all ages living with a disability or neurological disorder. Since our establishment in 2016, our caring team have been applying evidence-based practice to change the lives of thousands of people. We are now recognised as a premium NDIS occupational therapy across Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales, the ACT and Western Australia. We believe in a strong work-life balance and making your time in the office as enjoyable as possible.
Your New Role: This is a unique opportunity to develop and strengthen your clinical expertise by providing both assessment based and therapeutic interventions to a variety of people between the ages of 7 and 65 years old, who present with neurological disorders and other types of disabilities. In collaboration with your supportive multidisciplinary team, you will be working with clients and their families and caregivers, many of whom have NDIS funding, both in the community setting and in our clinic spaces. At Better Rehab, no two days are the same, though a typical Occupational Therapist’s day may involve:
- Visiting a variety of people who rely on you to improve their lives. You will assess their needs, design appropriate therapy plans, and advocate on their behalf. You may work with participants with a range of conditions including neurological conditions, ASD and many more.
- Providing support in the areas of home modifications (both complex and simple); equipment prescription including mobility aids, positioning supports, bathroom aids and seating; and assistive technology across a range of areas including self-care, low tech and learning aids.
- Collaborating with your multidisciplinary team consisting of Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Speech Pathologists and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners to share knowledge and ideas
- Celebrating “Weekly Wins” with your participants, their families, your colleagues, and your supportive Leadership Team
- Attending formal and informal opportunities for networking and learning and development across a national level
- Reporting directly to the NDIS
When You Join Us: We have a dynamic and engaged workforce, and we understand the importance of structured onboarding and ongoing support and assistance for all staff, no matter your experience level. When you join Better Rehab, you will join a small cohort of likeminded people to share your new starter experience with. We ensure that YOU are provided with dedicated, tailored support from our existing team. When you join us, you will be provided with:
- A Team Leader to assist you with our systems and practices as well as settle you in to your new office
- A Clinical Supervisor who will meet with you formally each week, providing clinical support in the realm of Occupational Therapy and guide your internal and external professional development activities
- A buddy within your office to answer any ad hoc questions that you may have
- A supportive multidisciplinary team to collaborate with and learn from. Whilst we offer opportunities to work from home, our clinicians are predominantly office-based to promote shared learning. In some cases, this also includes sharing participants with another member of the MDT, promoting a holistic approach to therapy.
- An iPhone and laptop to support flexible working and work/life balance as well as a designated therapy kit to ensure you are well equipped when working out in the community
We Value You: Without you, there is no us. In order to provide the best support possible to our clients, we need to empower our team by providing workplace autonomy, flexibility, structured training and development initiatives, as well as strong opportunities for career progression. YOU, as our newest team member, will have your developmental pathway clearly defined. Better Rehab Policies that support YOU include:
- 4 days' study leave each year as well as company financial support to attend external courses and events in areas that you are passionate about
- Paid parental leave and flexible working options so that you can balance your personal and professional life
- Interstate relocation opportunities across our 4 Australian states
- Passionate leave - long term unpaid leave so you can travel, take a career break, or pursue projects you are passionate about without breaking your continuity of service
- Access to external professional services for mental & emotional wellbeing through EAP, our confidential counselling support service
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Regular team bonding and celebrations of each other's life events
For international candidates Better Rehab will support you with:
- Visa: including both the Permanent VISA and the Medium and Short Stream Visa
- Professional registration with APRHA and all applicable worker screener checks
- Relocation support including flights
- A lump-sum payment upfront to support you from the beginning
- To ensure that you get the full Aussie experience, Better Rehab will provide you with your very own Australian Welcome Pack so that you and your family can get up close with the koalas, or view the Sydney Harbour bridge from the Sky Tower, plus a few other of our Aussie favourites
- A Buddy Support System which means that you will have someone to welcome you when you arrive and give you some tips on the local area and culture
- An in-depth supervision framework to ensure that you are supported within your role from day one
- And more!
Not only will you have access to the above benefits and opportunities, YOU will be joining a high performing team.
What we are Looking For: We recruit on the philosophy of once a Better Rehabber, always a Better Rehabber. This means we have a strong focus on personality, cultural fit and long-term career potential. After all, we are a movement, and this is a career, not just a job. If you meet the below criteria, we would love to speak with you:
- You are driven, autonomous and passionate about pursuing your life and career goals
- You are comfortable working in a high-growth business
- You approach your work with flexibility and are highly adaptable
- You are a people person and want to be a part of something bigger
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy and 1+ years’ post qualification experience
- You have your own car and a valid drivers’ licence
- You can provide evidence of:
- AHPRA registration
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
For more information on how to apply please visit Better Rehab Occupational Therapy Jobs