The P4PLAY Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (MSC ITN) is a European Joint Doctorates (EJD) programme in Occupational Science for Occupational Therapists. P4PLAY is currently recruiting for 8 full-time PhD opportunities for Occupational Therapists that include a competitive salary in locations in the European Union (EU). Both EU and Non-EU applicants are welcomed. Individuals who meet the eligibility criteria can submit separate applications centrally. Please refer to the detailed guidance, terms and conditions on the website before applying. Applicants should be early stage researchers (ESRs), i.e. in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Deadline for applications is 31st May 2020, 23:00 (Europe/Brussels). Successful candidates will be expected to begin late January 2021.
The programme addresses four areas of play: People, Place, Policy and Practice (P4PLAY). There are two projects available for each of these areas:
• ESR1 - Expanding conceptualisations of inclusive play to incorporate the play characteristics of children with diverse play experiences at risk of play deprivation.
• ESR2 - Exploring the impact of contemporary public/social discourse on the play of families with children at risk of play deprivation.
• ESR3 - Spatial inclusion: The relationship between Universal Design and policy for play provision.
• ESR4 - Redefining play in technology enhanced play spaces: enhancing children’s participation.
• ESR5 - Enhancing spatial inclusion in public play spaces through participatory approaches in planning and design.
• ESR6 - Applying complexity theory to identify and explore multiple outcomes associated with children’s play.
• ESR7 - The evaluation of children’s outdoor play.
• ESR8 - Enhancing participation through play interventions in school settings.
All applicants should hold a BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (minimum 2:1) and/or a Master’s degree (or equivalent) from a World Federation of Occupational Therapists programme. For projects ESR3, ESR7 and ESR8, applicants will need an MSc degree (or equivalent).
Find out more at: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/...