Founded in 1995, Woosong University(WSU) is conveniently located in Daejeon, only an hour away from the capital, Seoul, by Korean Train Express(KTX). Among its unique features, WSU consists of a diverse and dynamic student body, with students coming all over the world to study together. Check the website for more information.
Through its almost 20-year history, it has educated occupational therapists in a holistic way. In addition, through its philosophy of "specialized education," the department has striven to connect theory with real-world applications via "on-site training." Thirdly, the World Federation of Occupational Therapists curriculum and international exchange programs assist students with gaining an international perspective. Lastly, students take science-based courses (both practical and theoretical), which emphasize the importance of care.
Teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate level, student counseling, involvement with student clubs, and participation in other department-related activities.
Main Focus: Psychology, Rehabilitation Therapy, Human Anatomy, Social Welfare, Human Physiology, Understanding Children with Disabilities, etc. For more information about course offerings, visit the following site.
FACULTY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning
- Advise and assist students in educational and career development
- Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department/school committees.
- Participate in multidisciplinary initiatives to support the mission of the department
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, and educational/industry partners
- Pursue professional development
- Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques
- Participate in departmental activity to recruit overseas students, both inbound and outbound, when needed
- Maintain and develop a trusting and trusted network of overseas colleges & universities to further the student/faculty exchange programs
- Promote professional image for the department
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a field related to occupational therapy, physical therapy, or social welfare, with experience in the field
- Doctorate degree preferred
- Experience in classroom teaching, training, curriculum development and implementation preferred
- Research activity is encouraged
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org