Founded in 1995, Woosong University(WSU) has an enrollment of 9,699 students (as of August, 2018). The University is conveniently located in Daejeon, only an hour away from the capital, Seoul, by Korean Train Express(KTX). Among its unique features, WSU consists of a diverse and dynamic student body, with students coming all over the world to study together. Check the website for more information.
DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW: Through its almost 20-year history, it has educated occupational therapists in a holistic way. In addition, through its philosophy of "specialized education," the department has striven to connect theory with real-world applications via "on-site training." Thirdly, the World Federation of Occupational Therapists curriculum and international exchange programs assist students with gaining an international perspective. Lastly, students take science-based courses (both practical and theoretical), which emphasize the importance of care.
Teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate level, student counselling, involvement with student clubs, and participation in other department-related activities. Main Focus: Psychology, Rehabilitation Therapy, Human Anatomy, Social Welfare, Human Physiology, Understanding Children with Disabilities, etc. For more information about course offerings, visit the following site.
FACULTY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning
* Advise and assist students in educational and career development
* Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department/school committees.
* Participate in multidisciplinary initiatives to support the mission of the department
* Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, and educational/industry partners
* Pursue professional development
* Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques
* Participate in departmental activity to recruit overseas students, both inbound and outbound, when needed
* Maintain and develop a trusting and trusted network of overseas colleges & universities to further the student/faculty exchange programs
* Promote professional image for the department
* Doctorate degree in a field related to occupational therapy, physical therapy, or social welfare, with experience in the field
* Experience in classroom teaching, training, curriculum development and implementation preferred
* Research activity is encouraged
*Korean speakers are encouraged to apply
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
* Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
* Semi-furnished housing
* One-way airfare reimbursement on arrival; one-way airfare reimbursement upon contract completion
* Health insurance with national coverage
* Private university pension fund
* Free Korean language courses
* Contract renewal is possible with satisfactory performance
Please send your complete resume inclusive of detailed record of accomplishment, employment history, cover letter, photograph and certificates/references to: